Sunday 2 June 2013

Live Life

Live Life

This week was quite an emotional one. Have you ever had those kind of moments where you are forced to just stop and think about what you're doing with your life? are we really doing something worthwhile with our lives?

I'm turning 17 years old in a couple of days, I'd only expect to attend a friend's wake maybe in about 50 years time? but no. On Thursday, I attended a wake of my ex-classmate, Darren. He too was 17.

When you think about being 17, you have your entire life ahead of you...there's 18 to look forward to, there's people who you've yet to meet and work you've yet to do. 17, the age where you're too young to be considered an adult but too old to be considered a kid either. And death doesn't even come to mind. 

But there he was, as I walked pass the coffin where he lay.. 

I must admit, that I wasn't close to him, in fact I didn't know a lot about him. I did get his personality right though. A nice guy, truly humble, never caused anyone trouble. As I listened to all the tributes, that's what I heard. 

I heard from a friend that he used to throw parties. People would just come for the parties. It was just like an open invitation for the whole school. Some people will come and not even know that it was his party or his birthday. And what will he do about that? Absolutely nothing. The party just goes on.

It is rare to find such a gracious host in this 'power hungry and fame-driven' world of ours. But here he was, a 17 year old, showing true graciousness and humility.

So here's the big question, what are we doing with our lives? Think about it, did you live today to the fullest? Do you regret doing something or wish to make something better?
I know I do.
Don't wait till you're forced to think about what you're doing with your life. Stop and think now, put in the effort to make your life better.

"what are we doing with our lives?"

So let's all make it a point, to Live Life. Cos life is short. There's not a moment to waste. Live Life to the Fullest.

Thanks for reading! Pray for Darren's family.

Always Lifting You Higher

Any comments or queries? Leave a comment below.
You can also follow me on twitter: @toranseth (I follow back)
Instagram: @sethtoran

No comments:

Post a Comment