Monday 10 June 2013

Appreciate

Appreciate

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I last posted, been busy and studies and stuff (as usual). So over the past week, I celebrated my birthday! Yeah! It was ok I guess~ First time I had to go to school on my birthday and tuition too! I mean who studies on their birthday?!......me 

But I guess that's what life has become for a lot of us right? A busy rat race where we all work hard for the future and hope that all the hard work pays off... Kinda sucks though doesn't it? I mentioned before that working towards your goals and having aims are very important for success. And yes, by all means, do work towards success. But most of us, including myself sometimes, work towards success forgetting to enjoy and appreciate the many experiences and moments we have on route to success.

There was this really sad story I once heard of a man who worked hard all his life, but always worried about things (especially money) and could not bring himself to enjoy the moment. (Sounds a bit like Mr Scrooge) In the end, life is short as we know it, he never got to enjoy his hard work.

Here's a question: "How long do you want to suffer before you let yourself enjoy?" 


Most of us see suffering and enjoyment as two very separate things. (and you're not wrong) However, have you ever thought of liking what you do? The more you enjoy what you do, the happier you'll be (duh), and liking what you do will probably lead you to doing well in it. Making you a more motivated and inspired person in general. That's what we all want isn't it? To be the best we can be, to achieve success. Sometimes though, we just have to accept that success can come naturally without us realizing it and most often, we get this form of success when we are enjoying what we do! 

So appreciate what life throws at you today (and everyday)! because every moment should be enjoyed and lived to the fullest! :) Thanks for reading! :)

Always Lifting you Higher

Any feedback? Leave a comment below :)
You can also follow me on twitter: @sethtoran
On Instagram: @toranseth

No comments:

Post a Comment